FLIPPED : Julie and Bryce

The movie which I have been watching continuously for past 3 days. Every now and then I just remember some dialogues and scenes and just smiles, it kind of feels my heart with some weird kind of happiness. So after watching the movie for the first time I went over downloaded the e-book and read the book too. I must say till now I found only this movie which does complete justice to the novel on which it is based Its like we watch the whole movie once from Bryce's perspective and later Julie's concluding how different they are.
So the story is Bryce is a young boy who moves to a new town and is chased by this local girl who wants to be friends with him and is mesmerised by his beautiful eyes and smile, for Bryce its the start of complete half a decade of torture as he prefers to say initially while for Julie it was like she has found her first love. Things start changing gradually Bryce starts falling for her and she otherwise realises that he is actually less than the sum of his parts ( well this sentence I stole from the movie :P); it was just she wanted him to be greater far greater because she likes him. She starts thinking whats beneath him beyond those dazzling eyes. And They flip..:)  
I will leave you with few funny and very apt dialogue  that I like
Bryce: all I ever wanted was for Julie Baker to go away.
Bryce: Julie Baker and that stupid Sycamore tree.
Julie: You are just Visually challenged I feel sorry for you 
Bryce: Visually Challenged ..? this from a girl whose house is a joke of the neighbourhood. They have bushes and trees all over their window.
Julie's Father: A painting is always more than the sum of its parts; a meadow is just grass, a cow just a cow, Sun raising is just a sun but when you bring all together its magic. 
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Chet (Bryce's grandfather): but with people sometimes it's opposite the whole is less than the sum of its parts.
Julie: I watched everyone in school trying to find if they are greater or less of their sum of parts and realised many were less.
Chet: Some are dipped in satin some in gloss but sometimes you meet with someone who is iridescent.
Bryce: gloss iridescent what Julie has always seemed just plain to me.
Julie: here Sheryl is roaming around with Bryce, my Bryce the one who's walking with my first kiss.
Bryce: Julie will she really bet on me, what if she did bet on me and lost with Sherryl and meline I was contemplating the horrors of this scenario when 
Julie: 8 $ 
Bryce: what Julie baker is betting on Eddie Trulock how can she bet on Eddie how can she bet on anyone? 
here I was having lunch with the hottest girl in school and I was miserable less than 20 feet was sitting Julie my Julie.
how can she sit there and laugh and look so beautiful... I was kind of possessed or something out of nowhere I went to her.
Julie: the guy who mooned over the half of my life is having lunch with my mortal enemy.

Julie part watches the movie and what happens in the end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Happii Person